Harishchandragad is a beautiful hill fort in the Ahmednagar region and a very popular trekking destination. The fort mountain along with a spectacular view of Tolar Khind, Malshej Ghat offers a lot for trekkers. The main attraction here is the Konkankada which offers a spectacular view of Konkan. During the rainy season, you'd be walking in the clouds on this fort.
Summary:-Type: Hill Fort Height: 4710 ft. Grade: Medium
Harishchandragad Trek is one of the best trekking spots in the Sahyadris of Maharashtra. Harishchandragad is also known as trekker’s paradise, located in the Boundaries of Pune, Thane & Ahmednagar Districts of Maharashtra state in India. This fort has got an eye-pleasing natural beauty, along with diverse flora and fauna. Harishchandragad is famous for a lot of specialties such as its marvelous natural beauty, tough trek & none other than the beautiful Konkan Kada. The most fascinating spot in Harishchandragad is the Konkan Kada. Taramati peak is another spot for a panoramic view of the valleys. Taramati peak is the highest peak on Harishchandragad in Maharashtra. One must visit the Temple of Harishchandreshwar, Kedareshwar Cave, Ganesh Gufa, Saptatirtha, Kedareshwar, Konkan Kada, Taramati peak.
- Konkankada 360 degree View
- Forest Trekking at Night
- Malshej Ghat
- Taramati Pinnacle climbing
- The fun-filled and exhilarating trekking experience
Local Cuisine (Pithala Bhakeri)
- Harishchandragda Trek Pickup locations from Pune:
- Novotel Hotel, Viman Nagar at 10:30 pm.
- Goodluck Chouk, F.C road at 11:00 pm.
- Aundh at 11:10 pm
- Nashik Phata at 11:30 pm
- Harishchandragad Trek Pickup locations from Mumbai:
- BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir, Dadar at 10 pm
- Sion station circle at 10:30 pm
- Amar Mahal, Ghatkopar at 10:40 pm
- Teen Hath Naka, Thane at 11:15 pm
- Kalyan Bypass at 11:40 pm
- Departure at 10 PM. from Pune/Mumbai (3-4hrs journey for base village).
- After roll count, proceed by private transportation towards the base village Khireshwar.
- Reach the Base Village at 2 AM.
- Start the Harishchandragad Trek by 2 am. (5 hrs trek)
- Breakfast at 7 am
- Enjoy the Sunrise from the top of the Harishchandragad Fort, Balekilla, machi, temple.
- Start the return Journey towards Pune/Mumbai at 5 PM.
- Reach Pune/Mumbai at 10:00 PM
- We may reach an hour early or late.
- Tour Concludes with Happy Memories :)
What is included in the tour
- Private Transportation from Pune to Pune and Mumbai to Mumbai
- Meals during the trek (1 Breakfast and 1 Lunch - veg only)
- Expertise & Guide Charges
- Fun and Learning experience with safety.
- Basic First-Aid kit
What is NOT included in the tour
- Cold drinks, mineral water, fast food articles, biscuits, etc.
- Anything not included in the what's included list.