- Fort and Forest Trekking
- Amruteshwar Temple
- Climbing using Ladder
- The fun-filled and exhilarating trekking experience
What is included in the tour
- Private Transportation from Pune to Pune
- Meals during the trek (1 Breakfast, and 1 Lunch )
- Expertise & Guide Charges
- Fun and Learning experience with safety.
- Basic First-Aid kit
What is NOT included in the tour
- Cold drinks, mineral water, fast food articles, biscuits, etc.
- Anything not included in the what's included list.
“Ratan” means Jewel in Hindi. This hill fort is indeed a jewel in all the hill forts here in Sahyadri. Geographically Ratangad is on the banks of Bhandardara lake in Ahmednagar district at a height of 4255 feet above sea level. With views of the lake and the highest mountains in Sahyadri looks very much lost in time. A 1000 years old temple of Lord Shiva, the Amruteshwar Temple at Ratanwadi, is an absolute paragon of the high-class architecture of our ancestors, is at the base of this fort. Ratangad has still the remains of a fortress with bastions and stone walls. The caves on the top are cut from the rock face and can easily accommodate 25 people at a time. Water cisterns are usually filled with water throughout the year and trekkers use them as a water source. The Eastern side of the fort has some fortification left; one can see Rani Mahal here. From the southern side, one can see Katrabai and Ajoba fort very close. This site has also some fortification left, but most of it is damaged. Climbing up on the northern side, one can see a natural orifice (hole in rock, locally called nedhe) in the rock face, mostly made by wind. Strong winds can be experienced at this orifice. Descend to the western end of the fort leads closest to the Khutta Pinnacle via Trimbak Darwaja.
Ratangad fort has an excellent cave on the top big enough to accommodate about 30-40 people at a time. Apart from this big cave, there are several small caves too. Very few forts have a geological feature called "Neha" or "needle hole" which means a natural hole in the mountain where you can actually sit in and enjoy the high-speed wind.
Amruteshwar temple which is located at the base of Ratangad fort in the Ratanwadi is one of the old "Hemadpanthi" temples with fascinating stone carvings.
Type: Hill Fort
Height: 4255 ft.
- Ratangad Trek Pickup locations from Pune:
- Novotel Hotel, Viman Nagar at 10:00 pm.
- Goodluck Chowk, F.C road at 10:45 pm.
- Bremen Chowk Aundh at 11:00 pm
- MSRTC Bus Stop, Nashik Phata at 11:30 pm
- Departure at 11 PM. from Pune (5 hrs journey for base village)
- After roll count, proceed by private transportation towards the base village Ratanwadi.
- Reach the Base Village at 4 AM.
- Start the Ratangad Trek by 4:30 am. (7 hrs trek)
- Breakfast at 8 am
- Enjoy the Sunrise from the top of the Ratangad Top.
- Birdeye view of AMK, Kalsubai and Bhandardara Lake
- Lunch after trekking at 3 pm.
- Start the return Journey towards Pune at 4 PM.
- Reach Pune at 10:00 PM
- We may reach an hour early or late.
- Tour Concludes with Happy Memories :)
Things To Carry :
- Luggage packed in a good trekking sack, heavy rains are expected in the monsoon, so pack your things properly
- Raincoat / Poncho / Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella only for monsoon)
- Complete spare set of extra clothes, & socks
- Water bottle (2 liters)
- Personal Medicines if any
- Wear comfortable clothes during treks (full sleeves)
- Good trekking/sports shoes (chappals, sandals, floaters not permitted during trek)
- Power Bank for mobile charging, as many places, don't have electricity connection
- Identity proof (must)
- Personal hygiene kit.
- Light Snacks - Dry fruits, chocolate, biscuits.
Rules And Regulations:
- Alcohol, Smoking, or any intoxicant is strictly prohibited during the trek. If found participant will be terminated on the spot
- Throwing garbage on trails is strictly not allowed.
- Playing loud music in the mountains/Forest is prohibited.
- Trek Leader's decisions on any particular situation will be final for the mutual benefit of participants.
- During the monsoon season and various rock patches on the trek route, we recommend you to please take care while walking/climbing/trekking.
- If the behavior of any trekker is likely to cause distress or harm to themselves, our member of staff or other team members, reserve the right to terminate their trip at any time and they will have to make their own arrangements; we will not be liable for any expenses incurred as a result. We will not entertain any claims arising due to such action.
- In case of any injuries/illness on a mountain/river/waterfall during a trip/activity, Adventure Club Pune as a company or our local staff will not be responsible. We provide adequate human staff support in these areas to ensure the basic safety of the trekker. The participants have to bear all the expenses which may arise in case of medical exigency or emergency condition.
- Wearing any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. is prohibited.
- You should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- At a few locations (base village) there may not be an electrical connection.
- As it is likely that in these sorts of trips weather must be taken into account if conditions are such that we have to change arrangements we will not be able to provide any sort of refund. If there are any other circumstances including but not limited to riot, political unrest, natural or other disasters, and we have to cancel a trip as a result of these circumstances, we will not be able to provide any sort of refund.