Fireflies Festival Trek
Stargaze the night away
Tent Stay, Bonfire
Beautiful Lake & Mountain View
What is included in the tour
Inclusive of (unlimited food - 1 Multi-cuisine buffet Dinner | Limited food - Evening Snacks, 1 breakfast)
Food menu: Maharashtrian local cuisine - Veg and non-veg
Camping gear: Tent on 2/3 sharing basis, Blanket, and Foam Mat
Use of common amenities and facilities at the campsite
Washroom facility available
The parking facility is available
What is NOT included in the tour
Does not include travel to and from the campsite ( without a transport package)
Cold drinks, mineral water, fast food articles, biscuits, etc
Anything not mentioned in the ‘Inclusion’ list
- Boating at extra cost ( 100 INR per person)
ADVENTURE CLUB PUNE invites you to the Fireflies Trek at Bhandardara forest to Witness the natural glooming light amidst the mountain and dense forest, a perfect ambiance created by the twinkling little fireflies for their mating ritual. Summer is the perfect time when we can experience the synchronous twinkling of hundreds of fireflies- one of the most beautiful phenomena in nature
Fireflies: Fireflies or lightning bugs are structured with specialized cells in their abdomen which emit light. This process is called bioluminescence and is shared by many other organisms, mostly sea-living or marine organisms. Pre-monsoon climate is the ideal period for fireflies and glowworms for mating, they light up to attract their mate. Hundreds of fireflies gather together on a tree displaying their bio-luminescent lights in the dark nights.
About Campsite :
In the backdrop, you will be cuddled by the precious lake which makes the campsite just mind-blowing. Head to join those sets of people who are looking for a camping night at Bhandardara lake under the stars. Enjoy a tranquil sunset on the shores of Bhandardara Lake, with partying next to the bonfire and star-gazing the sky throughout the night. Bhandardara Lake is blessed with peace and tranquillity with a relaxing view. The camp will include Camping accommodation, BBQ, Music, games, and unlimited food. It is one of those places that immediately gets rid of any stress that you might have carried over to your vacation and then proceeds to make you fall in love with the quaint scenery and nature that it’s wrapped in.
How to reach the campsite:
Bhandardara is one of the foremost camping sites in Maharastra. Mumbai to Bhandardara distance is 160km by road & from Pune, it is 200km. The nearest railway station to Bhandardara is Kasara and Igatpuri.
Cost Per Person:
- Self Drive (without travel) - 1500 Per Person
- Pune to Pune (with travel) - 2600 Per Person
- Kasara to Kasara (For Mumbai with travel) - 2400 Per Person
- Child Below 10 Years: Self-Drive (without travel) - 800 Per Kid
- Child Below 10 Years: Pune to Pune (with travel) - 1900 Per Kid
Travelers who have opted for the self-drive package should directly reach the Campsite after 3 pm. (Please keep offline google maps downloaded as there is a network issue at Bhandardara and try to reach the campsite before 5 PM)
Pickup locations from Pune:
- Novotel Hotel, Viman Nagar at 8 AM Google Map Link: https://maps.app.goo.gl/ooiRmYvZeR8iL1ju5
- J.M. Corner, JM Road at 08:40 AM Google Map Link: https://goo.gl/maps/AiFcddEyN29LNTjs6
- Bremen Chouk, Aundh at 09 AM Google Map Link: https://maps.app.goo.gl/rQVD6gJyRMdMFLFYA
- MSRTC Bus Stop (Below Flyover), Nashik Phata at 09:30 AM Google Map Link: https://maps.app.goo.gl/Gz1tj9mdShCk1bu57
Pickup locations from Kasara with Transport:
- Kasara Railway Station at 1 PM
Travelers joining from Kasara are supposed to join us at Kasara Railway Station by 1 pm.
Travelers from Pune are supposed to join us at 9 am. Start the journey toward Bhandardara
- 03:00 PM: Arrive at Bhandardara in the afternoon and check in to the camping site
- 04:00 PM: Relax and explore the surrounding areas, Tent allotment
- 05:00 PM: Evening High tea and snacks
- 06:00 PM: Return to the tents and rest
- 08:00 PM: Bonfire and activities
- 09:30 PM: Enjoy a delicious dinner at the camping site
- 10:30 PM: After dinner, take a trail to spot fireflies in the nearby forest
- 11:00 PM: Reach the Firefly's spots and observe the mesmerizing display of Fireflies
- 11:30 PM: Briefing on fireflies and their habitat by a local expert
- 01:00 AM: Return to the campsite and spend the night in tents
- 06:00 AM: Wake up early in the morning to enjoy the sunrise over the hills
- 08:00 AM: Have breakfast at the campsite
- 09:00 AM: Go for a guided trek in the forest to explore the flora and fauna of the area (Optional)
- 10:00 AM: Reach the peak/valley and enjoy the panoramic view of the Sahyadri mountain range (Optional)
- 11:00 AM: Check-out from the campsite (Self-drive batch)
- 11:00 AM: Depart for Pune/Kasara/Mumbai
- 06:00 PM: Reach Pune/Mumbai and bid adieu to your fellow trekkers.
Note: The itinerary is subject to change due to weather conditions, traffic, or other unforeseen circumstances. This itinerary can be customizable based on your preferences and the availability of activities for private batches. Also, it's important to follow safety guidelines and respect the environment while exploring the wilderness
Things To Carry :
✓ Things packed in a good rucksack
✓ Complete spare set of extra clothes, raincoat, lightweight jacket & socks if required
✓ Water bottle (1-2 liters)
✓ Personal Medicines if any
✓ Wear comfortable clothes during treks (full sleeves recommended)
✓ Good trekking/sports shoes (chappals, sandals, floaters not permitted during the trek)
✓ Power Bank for mobile charging, as many places, don't have an electricity connection
✓ Torch Light for Night Treks/events
✓ Identity proof (must)
✓ Personal hygiene kit.
✓ Light Snacks - Dry fruits, chocolate, fruits biscuits.
Rules And Regulations:
Alcohol, Smoking, or any intoxicant is strictly prohibited during the trek. If found participant will be terminated on the spot
Throwing garbage on trails is strictly not allowed.
Playing loud music in the mountains/Forest is prohibited.
Trek Leader's decisions on any particular situation will be final for the mutual benefit of the participants.
✓ During the monsoon season and various rock patches on the trek route, we recommend you to please take care while walking/climbing/trekking.
✓ If the behavior of any trekker is likely to cause distress or harm to themselves, our member of staff or other team members, reserve the right to terminate their trip at any time and they will have to make their own arrangements; we will not be liable for any expenses incurred as a result. We will not entertain any claims arising due to such action.
✓ In case of any injuries/illness on a mountain/river/waterfall during a trip/activity, Adventure Club Pune as a company or our local staff will not be responsible. We provide adequate human staff support in these areas to ensure the basic safety of the trekker. The participants must bear all the expenses that may arise in case of medical necessity or emergency conditions.
✓ Wearing any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. is prohibited.
✓ You should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.