- Fort Trekking
- Balekilla climbing
- The fun-filled and exhilarating forest trekking experience
Local Cuisine (Pithala Bhakeri)
What is included in the tour
- Private Transportation from Pune to Pune
- Meals during the trek (1 breakfast,1 Lunch - veg only)
- Expertise & Guide Charges
- Fun and Learning experience with safety.
- Basic First-Aid kit
- Forest Entry Tickets
What is NOT included in the tour
- Cold drinks, mineral water, fast food articles, biscuits, etc.
- Anything not included in the what's included list.
Rajgad fort, As the name, suggests "King of forts". It is to the south-west 40 Kms from Pune. It boasts the highest number of days stayed by Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj on any fort. He spent almost 25 - 30 years approx. Rajgad is famous for its construction. The fort can be divided into four different parts based on geographical terrain and fortification. There are three sub-plateaux (Machee) namely PadmavatiMachee, Suvela Machee, and SanjevaniMachee, and at the center is the Ballekilla. PadmavatiMachee (north end): This machee is the site of Padmavati Temple, Padmavati Lake, ChorDarwaja, PaliDarwaja, GunjavaneDarwaja, DaruKothar (storage of arms and ammunition), Diwankhana, Rajwada (ruins), Ghod Tale (Horse Lake), Sadar (office) and Dhalkathi (flag hoisting place).
Type: Hill Fort
Height: 4182 feet.
Base Village: Gunjavne
More about Rajgad:-
Sanjeevani Machee (southwest/west end): This huge, beautiful and royally constructed machee faces west and has a three-stepped (layered) fortified structure. Each of the lower levels is separated from the higher one by a fortified bastion with a gate that could be defended independently. The lowest level is beautifully fortified by double curtain walls (chilkhathi) separated by a deep trench, on average 12 feet across. One can walk between these walls. The outer wall has openings to let soldiers out for a sudden attack.
SuvelaMachee (southeast): This is another grand machee facing east with lots of secret routes and doorways. This one is a double-stepped fortified machee with the steps separated by a beautiful bastioned doorway. At the end of the first step, a hole cuts across the rock; one can sit in this hole (nedhe). The final (lowest) step like SanjeevaniMachee has a double curtain wall. To the south side of this machee one can see a beautiful triangular bastion called Kaleswariburuz having an escape door near it. The home of the renowned military leader TanajiMalusare was in this machee.
Bale Killa (center): This is the highest part of the fort which has remains of palaces, water cisterns, and caves. It has a beautiful entrance door called Mahadarwaja. One can view the whole fort and the vast surrounding expanse.
Rajgad Trek Pickup locations from Pune:
1) Novotel Hotel, Viman Nagar at 5 AM.
2) PMT Bus Stop, Opp. KFC restaurant, Deccan at 5.30 AM.
3) MSRTC Bus Stop, Swargate at 5.45 AM
4) Katraj PMT Bus stop at 6 AM
Note:- Please reach the given pickup location 10 minutes before the given time to avoid delay.
- Departure at 6 AM. from Pune (2hrs journey for base village).
- After roll count, proceed by private transportation towards the base village Gunjavane.
- Reach the Base Village at 8 AM.
- Breakfast (poha/misal pav + Tea).
- Start the Trek by 9 am. (6-7 hrs trek),
- Enjoy the view of the surrounding, Balekilla, machi, temple, etc.
- Lunch after trekking at 5 PM.
- Start the return Journey towards Pune at 6 pm.
- Reach Pune by 8:00 PM
- We may reach an hour early or late.
- Tour Concludes with Happy Memories :)
Note: The itinerary is subject to change due to weather conditions, traffic, or other unforeseen circumstances. This itinerary can be customizable based on your preferences and the availability of activities for private batches. Also, it's important to follow safety guidelines and respect the environment while exploring the wilderness
Things To Carry :
✓ Things packed in a good rucksack, heavy rains are expected in the monsoon, so pack your things properly.
✓ Raincoat / Poncho / Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella only for monsoon)
✓ Complete spare set of extra clothes, raincoat, lightweight jacket & socks if required
✓ Water bottle (1-2 liters)
✓ Personal Medicines if any
✓ Wear comfortable clothes during treks (full sleeves recommended)
✓ Good trekking/sports shoes (chappals, sandals, floaters not permitted during the trek)
✓ Power Bank for mobile charging, as many places, don't have an electricity connection
✓ Torch Light for Night Treks/events
✓ Identity proof (must)
✓ Personal hygiene kit.
✓ Light Snacks - Dry fruits, chocolate, fruits biscuits.
Rules And Regulations:
- Alcohol, Smoking, or any intoxicant is strictly prohibited during the trek. If found participant will be terminated on the spot
- Throwing garbage on trails is strictly not allowed.
- Playing loud music in the mountains/Forest is prohibited.
- Trek Leader's decisions on any particular situation will be final for the mutual benefit of the participants.
- During the monsoon season and various rock patches on the trek route, we recommend you to please take care while walking/climbing/trekking.
- If the behavior of any trekker is likely to cause distress or harm to themselves, our member of staff or other team members, reserve the right to terminate their trip at any time and they will have to make their arrangements; we will not be liable for any expenses incurred as a result. We will not entertain any claims arising due to such action.
- In case of any injuries/illness on a mountain/river/waterfall during a trip/activity, Adventure Club Pune as a company or our local staff will not be responsible. We provide adequate human staff support in these areas to ensure the basic safety of the trekker. The participants must bear all the expenses that may arise in case of medical necessity or emergency conditions.
- Wearing any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. is prohibited.
- You should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.