- Fireflies Trek
- Fort Trekking
- Tent/ Homestay
What is included in the tour
- Private Transportation from Pune to Pune or Lonavala to Lonavala
- All Meals during the camp (1 breakfast,1dinner)
- Stay in (2-3 people in one tent) Tents (with mat and blanket), Common room in case of heavy rains and wind.
- Expertise & Guide Charges
- Fun and Learning experience with safety.
- Basic First-Aid kit
- Forest Entry Tickets
What is NOT included in the tour
- Cold drinks, mineral water, fast food articles, biscuits, etc.
- Anything not included in the what's included list.
ADVENTURE CLUB PUNE invites you to the Fireflies Trek at Rajmachi forest to Witness the natural glooming light amidst the mountain and dense forest, a perfect ambiance created by the twinkling little fireflies for their mating ritual. Summer is the perfect time when we can experience the synchronous twinkling of hundreds of fireflies- one of the most beautiful phenomena in nature
Fireflies: Fireflies or lightning bugs are structured with specialized cells in their abdomen which emit light. This process is called bioluminescence and is shared by many other organisms, mostly sea-living or marine organisms. Pre-monsoon climate is the ideal period for fireflies and glowworms for mating, they light up to attract their mate. Hundreds of fireflies gather together on a tree displaying their bio-luminescent lights in the dark nights.
Rajmachi is one of the famous trek destinations in the Sahyadri mountains and one of the favorite destinations for every trekker and beginner. Fort stands at a height of 2750 feet overlooking the Bhorghat Pass (a major old trade route during the Maratha empire). This fort was built by Shivaji in the 17th century. You can spend lots of time over the fort by exploring twin forts “Manoranjan” & “Shrivardhan”. Visit Bhairavnath Temple, Mahadev Temple & Rajmachi lake. There are 2 routes to reach Rajmachi, first from Lonavala and the other being the Karjat route.
Places of Interest:
Things to Carry :
- Luggage packed in a bag.
- Towel and a 1 Water Bottle.
- Medicines (if requiring any specific medication),
- Personal toiletries. Complete spare set of extra clothes & socks if required.
- A sweater/warm wear if required. Camera, Binocular (Optional)
Cost Per Person:
- Lonavala to Lonavala (with travel) - 1500 Per Person
- Pune to Pune (with travel) - 2500 Per Person
- Child Below 10 Years: Lonavala to Lonavala (with travel) - 800 Per Kid
- Child Below 10 Years: Pune to Pune (with travel) - 1500 Per Kid
Travelers from Mumbai/Pune should join us at Lonavala railway station (Platform no. 1 ticket counter) at 3 pm. Paid parking is available at Railway Station for 2 and 4 wheeler.
Pickup locations from Pune with Transport:
- Novotel Hotel, Viman Nagar at 11 AM Google Map Link: https://maps.app.goo.gl/ooiRmYvZeR8iL1ju5
- J.M. Corner, Near Sancheti Hospital, Shivajinagar at 11:40 AM Google Map Link: https://goo.gl/maps/AiFcddEyN29LNTjs6
- Bremen Chouk, Aundh at 12 PM Google Map Link: https://maps.app.goo.gl/rQVD6gJyRMdMFLFYA
- Pune Mumbai Taxi Stand, Below Wakad Bridge at 12:30 PM at 12:30 PM Google Map Link: https://goo.gl/maps/EKbftHcixjnQHDv39
- Lonavala Railway Station, Platform - 1 at 3 PM Google Map Link: https://goo.gl/maps/kEBJBgxPjycYc3ucA
- 04:00 PM: Start Offroading jeep ride till Udhewadi village at 4 PM.
- 05:30 PM: Arrive at the base village in the evening and check in to the camping site
- 06:00 PM: Evening High tea and snacks
- 06:30 PM: Relax and explore the surrounding areas, Tent pitching and allotment
- 08:00 PM: Bonfire (depending upon rain)
- 09:30 PM: Enjoy a delicious dinner in the house of villagers
- 10:30 PM: After dinner, take a trail to spot fireflies in the nearby forest
- 11:00 PM: Reach the Firefly's spots and observe the mesmerizing display of Fireflies
- 11:30 PM: Briefing on fireflies and their habitat by a local expert
- 01:00 AM: Return to the campsite and spend the night in tents
- 06:00 AM: Wake up early in the morning to enjoy the sunrise from the top of the fort.
- 07:00 AM: After Tea, Go for a guided trek in the forest to explore the flora, Shrivardhan, and Manoranjan Fort
- 08:00 AM: Reach the peak and enjoy the panoramic view of the Sahyadri mountain range
- 09:00 AM: Spend the morning exploring the nearby village, interacting with locals, and trekking nearby
- 10:00 AM: Return to the base village, Visit temples and lakes in the vicinity
- 10:15 AM: Have breakfast at the homestay
- 11:00 AM: Depart for Pune/Lonavala/Mumbai
- 12:30 PM: Reach Lonavala
- 02:00 PM: Reach Pune/Mumbai and bid adieu to your fellow trekkers.
Note: The itinerary is subject to change due to weather conditions, traffic, or other unforeseen circumstances. This itinerary can be customizable based on your preferences and the availability of activities for private batches. Also, following safety guidelines and respecting the environment while exploring the wilderness is important.
Things To Carry :
✓ Things packed in a good rucksack
✓ Complete spare set of extra clothes, raincoat, lightweight jacket & socks if required
✓ Water bottle (1-2 liters)
✓ Personal Medicines if any
✓ Wear comfortable clothes during treks (full sleeves recommended)
✓ Good trekking/sports shoes (chappals, sandals, floaters not permitted during the trek)
✓ Power Bank for mobile charging, as many places, don't have an electricity connection
✓ Torch Light for Night Treks/events
✓ Identity proof (must)
✓ Personal hygiene kit.
✓ Light Snacks - Dry fruits, chocolate, fruits biscuits.
Rules And Regulations:
Alcohol, Smoking, or any intoxicant is strictly prohibited during the trek. If found participant will be terminated on the spot
Throwing garbage on trails is strictly not allowed.
Playing loud music in the mountains/Forest is prohibited.
⚖Trek Leader's decisions on any particular situation will be final for the mutual benefit of the participants.
✓ During the monsoon season and various rock patches on the trek route, we recommend you to please take care while walking/climbing/trekking.
✓ If the behavior of any trekker is likely to cause distress or harm to themselves, our member of staff or other team members, reserve the right to terminate their trip at any time and they will have to make their own arrangements; we will not be liable for any expenses incurred as a result. We will not entertain any claims arising due to such action.
✓ In case of any injuries/illness on a mountain/river/waterfall during a trip/activity, Adventure Club Pune as a company or our local staff will not be responsible. We provide adequate human staff support in these areas to ensure the basic safety of the trekker. The participants must bear all the expenses that may arise in case of medical necessity or emergency conditions.
✓ Wearing any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. is prohibited.
✓ You should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.