- Fireflies Trek
- Fort Trekking
- Tent/ Homestay
What is included in the tour
- Private Transportation from Pune to Pune or Lonavala to Lonavala
- All Meals during the camp (1 breakfast,1dinner)
- Stay in (2-3 people in one tent) Tents, Common room in case of heavy rains and wind.
- Expertise & Guide Charges
- Fun and Learning experience with safety.
- Basic First-Aid kit
- Forest Entry Tickets
What is NOT included in the tour
- Cold drinks, mineral water, fast food articles, biscuits, etc.
- Anything not included in the what's included list.
ADVENTURE CLUB PUNE invites you to the Fireflies Trek at Rajmachi forest to Witness the natural glooming light amidst the mountain and dense forest, a perfect ambiance created by the twinkling little fireflies for their mating ritual. Summer is the perfect time when we can experience the synchronous twinkling of hundreds of fireflies- one of the most beautiful phenomena in nature
Fireflies: Fireflies or lightning bugs are structured with specialized cells in their abdomen which emit light. This process is called bioluminescence and is shared by many other organisms, mostly sea-living or marine organisms. Pre-monsoon climate is the ideal period for fireflies and glowworms for mating, they light up to attract their mate. Hundreds of fireflies gather together on a tree displaying their bio-luminescent lights in the dark nights.
Rajmachi is one of the famous trek destinations in the Sahyadri mountains and one of the favorite destinations for every trekker and beginner. Fort stands at a height of 2750 feet overlooking the Bhorghat Pass (a major old trade route during the Maratha empire). This fort was built by Shivaji in the 17th century. You can spend lots of time over the fort by exploring twin forts “Manoranjan” & “Shrivardhan”. Visit Bhairavnath Temple, Mahadev Temple & Rajmachi lake. There are 2 routes to reach Rajmachi, first from Lonavala and the other being the Karjat route.
Places of Interest:
Things to Carry :
- Luggage packed in a bag.
- Towel and a 1 Water Bottle.
- Medicines (if requiring any specific medication),
- Personal toiletries. Complete spare set of extra clothes & socks if required.
- A sweater/warm wear if required. Camera, Binocular (Optional)
Day -1 :
Travelers from Mumbai/Pune are supposed to join us at Lonavala railway station (Platform no. 1) by 4 pm.
Participants joining from Pune with transport should gather at Cafe Goodluck, F.C Road at 1 pm.
Pickup locations from Pune with transport batch:
- Novotel Hotel, Viman Nagar at 1 pm.
- Cafe Goodluck, F.C road at 1:40 pm.
- Brehman Chouk, Aundh at 2 pm
- Wakad Bridge at 2:30 pm
Start Offroading jeep ride till Udhewadi village/ Kataldhar at 4 PM.
Trek to Sunset Point
Evening activities like Bonfires
Fireflies Jungle Trail (2-3 hrs.)
Then time for a good sleep.
Stay in Tents (2-3 people in one tent), Common room in case of heavy rains and wind.
Day -2 :
Wake up call 6 am.
Visit Shrivardhan & Manoranjan fort, beautiful sunrise.
Visit temples and lakes in the vicinity.
Breakfast & Tea.
Explore the remaining places till 11 am.
The vehicle will drop us at Lonavla station by 1 pm.
Pune batch will reach at 3 pm
We may reach an hour early or late.
Tour Concludes with Happy Memories :)