Vasota is the most popular Jungle trek in Maharashtra. Located deep within the Koyna Wild Life sanctuary, the only way to reach the base of Vasota is by a boat from Tapola or Bamnoli. Vasota is a fort Situated in a dense forest surrounded by a river situated on the banks of the Shivsagar dam. This fort is also known as Vyaghragad. Shivaji Maharaj named the fort “Vyaghragad” (Vyaghra – means tiger), owing to its difficult natural defense. Fortis located near Bamnoli Satara, the height of this trek from Sea level 3842 Feet. Vasota is counted as one of the best treks in Sahyadri being Situated in the Koyana region it offers amazing surprises by wildlife lovers. Trek through dense forest forget the distance you cover. This is every trekker's dream trek as the beauty of the fort and the surroundings will take your breath away.
- Camping, Forest Trekking
- Tent Stay
- Jungle Stay
Day 0: For Pune
Departure: 11:00 pm. from Swargate Pune.
After roll count, proceed by private transportation towards the base village Bamnoli.
Reach the Base Village by Early Morning. Wait for the Wee Hours
After breakfast starts trekking by 06:00 am.
Start forest trek towards base village by 2 pm.
Reach base village by 5 pm.
Dinner, Tent stay, and bonfire
Wake up call at 7 am.
Explore Vasota forest and lake till 11 am.
Start the return Journey towards Pune/ Mumbai by 12:00 pm.
Lunch during travel ( own expenses)
Reach Pune by 5:00 pm.
We may reach an hour early or late
Tour Concludes with Happy Memories :)
What is included in the tour
- Private Transportation from Pune to Pune
- Meals during the camp (2 breakfast, 1 Lunch,1 dinner)
- Accommodation in tents with all sleeping arrangements (2-3 people in one tent)
- Expertise & Guide Charges
- Camping, Boating & Trekking
- Fun and Learning experience with safety.
- Basic First-Aid kit and Safety Equipments
- Forest Entry Tickets
What is NOT included in the tour
- Cold drinks, mineral water, fast food articles, biscuits, etc.
- Anything not included in the what's included list.