- Torna Fort Trekking
- Torna Fort Balekilla climbing
- The fun-filled and exhilarating fort trekking experience
Local Cuisine (Pithala Bhakeri)
What is included in the tour
- Private Transportation from Pune to Pune
- Meals during the trek (1 breakfast,1 Lunch - veg only)
- Expertise & Guide Charges
- Fun and Learning experience with safety.
- Basic First-Aid kit
- Forest Entry Tickets
What is NOT included in the tour
- Cold drinks, mineral water, fast food articles, biscuits, etc.
- Anything not included in the what's included list.
Torna Fort, the highest fort near Pune. The distance of Torna fort from Pune is 75 km. The fort can be divided into four different parts based on geographical terrain and fortification. Torna is one of the most favored treks around Pune. Being the tallest mountain in the Pune district, this trek becomes a challenging one. For those who want to shift towards slightly tough treks, the Torna fort trek is ideal.
From a historical point of view, this fort is important because it was the first fort won by Shivaji Maharaj. Also, it is said that during repairs of the fort Shivaji Maharaj found pots full of gold coins. This money helped in the construction of the Rajgad fort.
Type: Hill Fort
Height: 1403 m.
Base Village: Velhe
More About Torna Fort:-
Torna Fort, also known as Prachandagad, is a large fort located in Pune district, in the Indian state of Maharashtra. It is historically significant because it was the first fort captured by Shivaji Maharaj in 1643, at the age of 16, forming the nucleus of the Maratha empire. The hill has an elevation of 1,403 meters (4,603 ft) above sea level, making it the highest hill-fort in the district. The name derives from Prachanda (Marathi for huge or massive) and gad (Marathi for fort). The way to the top is moderate to difficult, with some precautions to be taken in the rainy season. It is a two- or three-hour climb to the "Bini Darwaaja", the main entrance to the fort. Britishers said "If Sinhgad fort is lion's den then Torna is Eagles Nest. Two machines namely Budhla Machi & Zunjar Machi are the main attractions.
Torna Fort Trek Pickup locations from Pune:
1) Novotel Hotel, Viman Nagar at 5 AM.
2) PMT Bus Stop, Opp. KFC restaurant, Deccan at 5.30 AM.
3) MSRTC Bus Stop, Swargate at 5.45 AM
4) Katraj PMT Bus stop at 6 AM
Note:- Please reach the given pickup location 10 minutes before the given time to avoid delay.
Departure at 6 AM. from Pune (2hrs journey for base village).
After roll count, proceed by private transportation towards the base village Velhe.
Reach the Base Village at 8 AM.
Breakfast (Poha/misal pav + Tea).
Start the Trek by 9-10 am. (5-7 hrs trek),
Enjoy the view of the surrounding, Balekilla, machi, temple, etc.
Lunch by 5 PM.
Start the return Journey towards Swargate Pune by 6 pm.
Reach Pune by 8:00 PM
We may reach an hour early or late.
Tour Concludes with Happy Memories :)
Note: The itinerary is subject to change due to weather conditions, traffic, or other unforeseen circumstances. This itinerary can be customizable based on your preferences and the availability of activities for private batches. Also, it's important to follow safety guidelines and respect the environment while exploring the wilderness
Things To Carry :
✓ Things packed in a good rucksack, heavy rains are expected in the monsoon, so pack your things properly.
✓ Raincoat / Poncho / Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella only for monsoon)
✓ Complete spare set of extra clothes, raincoat, lightweight jacket & socks if required
✓ Water bottle (1-2 liters)
✓ Personal Medicines if any
✓ Wear comfortable clothes during treks (full sleeves recommended)
✓ Good trekking/sports shoes (chappals, sandals, floaters not permitted during the trek)
✓ Power Bank for mobile charging, as many places, don't have an electricity connection
✓ Torch Light for Night Treks/events
✓ Identity proof (must)
✓ Personal hygiene kit.
✓ Light Snacks - Dry fruits, chocolate, fruits biscuits.
Rules And Regulations:
- Alcohol, Smoking, or any intoxicant is strictly prohibited during the trek. If found participant will be terminated on the spot
- Throwing garbage on trails is strictly not allowed.
- Playing loud music in the mountains/Forest is prohibited.
- Trek Leader's decisions on any particular situation will be final for the mutual benefit of the participants.
- During the monsoon season and various rock patches on the trek route, we recommend you to please take care while walking/climbing/trekking.
- If the behavior of any trekker is likely to cause distress or harm to themselves, our member of staff or other team members, reserve the right to terminate their trip at any time and they will have to make their arrangements; we will not be liable for any expenses incurred as a result. We will not entertain any claims arising due to such action.
- In case of any injuries/illness on a mountain/river/waterfall during a trip/activity, Adventure Club Pune as a company or our local staff will not be responsible. We provide adequate human staff support in these areas to ensure the basic safety of the trekker. The participants must bear all the expenses that may arise in case of medical necessity or emergency conditions.
- Wearing any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. is prohibited.
- You should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.