- Padargad Fort View
- Forest Trekking
- Ganesh Ghat Trek
- Shidi Ghat Ladder Climbing
- The fun-filled and exhilarating trekking experience
Local Cuisine (Pithala Bhakeri)
What is included in the tour
- Private Transportation from Pune to Pune
- Meals during the trek (1 Breakfast and 1 Lunch - veg only)
- Expertise & Guide Charges
- Fun and Learning experience with safety.
- Basic First-Aid kit
What is NOT included in the tour
- Cold drinks, mineral water, fast food articles, biscuits, etc.
- Anything not included in the what's included list.
Bhimashankar is an ancient shrine, one of the 12 Jyotirlingas of Shiva. Far away from the tumult of the urban life, peeping through the white fleecy clouds, Bhimashankar can be termed a pilgrim paradise. The dense forests surrounding the high ranges are an abode for rare species of flora and fauna. Situated at the extreme end of the Sahyadri Ranges, this place gives a wonderful view of the world around the rivers and hill stations. It is located 127 km from Shivaji Nagar (Pune) in the Ghat region of the Sahyadri hills. Bhimashankar is also the source of the river Bhima, which flows southeast and merges with the Krishna river near Raichur. The TheBhimashankara temple is a composite of old and new structures in the Nagara style of architecture. It shows the excellence of the skills achieved by ancient Vishwakarma sculptors. It is a modest yet graceful temple and it dates back to the 13th century and the sabha mandap developed in the 18th century by Nana Phadnavis. Bhimashankar is a good paradise for nature lovers, trekkers, jungle lovers, and bird watchers. The best seasons to go are monsoon and winter.
The route going to the left from the bridge goes to the village. The route to the left of the well in the village leads to the ShidiGhat. This is one of the difficult routes to Bhimashankar. This route becomes very treacherous and slippery during the monsoon. There are three ladders in this route within the first two hours of climbing. We reach a settlement after half an hour of the third ladder.
There is a bridge around 2 km from Khandas. The track going to the right from this bridge is the Ganesh Ghat route. This is the easiest route to Bhimashankar. Along this route, one reaches a Ganesh temple within an hour of trekking. The route ahead consumes more time and takes 3 more hours to reach the top.
- Bhimashankar Forest Trek Pickup locations from Pune:
- Novotel Hotel, Viman Nagar at 10:00 pm.
- Goodluck Chouk, F.C road at 10:30 pm.
- Bremen chouk, Aundh at 10:45 pm
- Wakad Bridge at 11:15 pm
- Pickup locations from Karjat: Railway Station Platform 1, Ticket Counter at 01:15 am.
Train timings are shared below for convenience:
Khopoli Fast Local
11:18 pm CST
11:25 pm Byculla
11:31 pm Dadar
11:38 pm Kurla
11:42 pm Ghatkopar
11:58 pm Thane
12:10 am Dombivli
12:18 am Kalyan
01:10 am Karjat
- Departure at 1:30 AM. from Karjat (1hrs journey for base village).
- After roll count, proceed by private transportation towards the base village.
- Reach the Base Village by Early Morning. Wait for the Wee Hours (rest).
- Start the Trek by 05 am. & Reach the top by 9:30 am.
- Enjoy the view of the surrounding Padargad
- Visit Bhimashankar Temple, Gupta Bhimashankar
- Start to descend back to the base by 1 pm.
- Lunch, Start the return Journey to Pune/Karjat by 5 pm.
- We may come an hour early or late.
- Tour Concludes with Happy Memories :)
Things To Carry :
- Luggage packed in a good trekking sack, heavy rains are expected in the monsoon, so pack your things properly
- Raincoat / Poncho / Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella only for monsoon)
- Complete spare set of extra clothes, & socks
- Water bottle (2 liters)
- Personal Medicines if any
- Wear comfortable clothes during treks (full sleeves)
- Good trekking/sports shoes (chappals, sandals, floaters not permitted during trek)
- Power Bank for mobile charging, as many places, don't have electricity connection
- Identity proof (must)
- Personal hygiene kit.
- Light Snacks - Dry fruits, chocolate, biscuits.
Rules And Regulations:
- Alcohol, Smoking, or any intoxicant is strictly prohibited during the trek. If found participant will be terminated on the spot
- Throwing garbage on trails is strictly not allowed.
- Playing loud music in the mountains/Forest is prohibited.
- Trek Leader's decisions on any particular situation will be final for the mutual benefit of participants.
- During the monsoon season and various rock patches on the trek route, we recommend you to please take care while walking/climbing/trekking.
- If the behavior of any trekker is likely to cause distress or harm to themselves, our member of staff or other team members, reserve the right to terminate their trip at any time and they will have to make their own arrangements; we will not be liable for any expenses incurred as a result. We will not entertain any claims arising due to such action.
- In case of any injuries/illness on a mountain/river/waterfall during a trip/activity, Adventure Club Pune as a company or our local staff will not be responsible. We provide adequate human staff support in these areas to ensure the basic safety of the trekker. The participants have to bear all the expenses which may arise in case of medical exigency or emergency condition.
- Wearing any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. is prohibited.
- You should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- At a few locations (base village) there may not be an electrical connection.
- As it is likely that in these sorts of trips weather must be taken into account if conditions are such that we have to change arrangements we will not be able to provide any sort of refund. If there are any other circumstances including but not limited to riot, political unrest, natural or other disasters, and we have to cancel a trip as a result of these circumstances, we will not be able to provide any sort of refund.