- Padargad Fort View
- Forest Trekking
- Ganesh Ghat Trek
- Shidi Ghat Ladder Climbing
- The fun-filled and exhilarating trekking experience
Local Cuisine (Pithala Bhakeri)
What is included in the tour
- Private Transportation from Pune to Pune and Mumbai to Mumbai
- Meals during the trek (1 Breakfast and 1 Lunch - veg only)
- Expertise & Guide Charges
- Fun and Learning experience with safety.
- Basic First-Aid kit
What is NOT included in the tour
- Cold drinks, mineral water, fast food articles, biscuits, etc.
- Anything not included in the what's included list.
Bhimashankar is an ancient shrine, one of the 12 Jyotirlingas of Shiva. Far away from the tumult of the urban life, peeping through the white fleecy clouds, Bhimashankar can be termed a pilgrim paradise. The dense forests surrounding the high ranges are an abode for rare species of flora and fauna. Situated at the extreme end of the Sahyadri Ranges, this place gives a wonderful view of the world around the rivers and hill stations. It is located 127 km from Shivaji Nagar (Pune) in the Ghat region of the Sahyadri hills. Bhimashankar is also the source of the river Bhima, which flows southeast and merges with the Krishna river near Raichur. The TheBhimashankara temple is a composite of old and new structures in the Nagara style of architecture. It shows the excellence of the skills achieved by ancient Vishwakarma sculptors. It is a modest yet graceful temple and it dates back to the 13th century and the sabha mandap developed in the 18th century by Nana Phadnavis. Bhimashankar is a good paradise for nature lovers, trekkers, jungle lovers, and bird watchers. The best seasons to go are monsoon and winter.
The route going to the left from the bridge goes to the village. The route to the left of the well in the village leads to the ShidiGhat. This is one of the difficult routes to Bhimashankar. This route becomes very treacherous and slippery during the monsoon. There are three ladders in this route within the first two hours of climbing. We reach a settlement after half an hour of the third ladder.
There is a bridge around 2 km from Khandas. The track going to the right from this bridge is the Ganesh Ghat route. This is the easiest route to Bhimashankar. Along this route, one reaches a Ganesh temple within an hour of trekking. The route ahead consumes more time and takes 3 more hours to reach the top.
- Bhimashankar Forest Trek Pickup locations from Pune:
- Novotel Hotel, Viman Nagar at 10:30 pm.
- Goodluck Chouk, F.C road at 11:00 pm.
- Aundh at 11:10 pm
- Wakad Bridge at 11:30 pm
- Bhimashankar Forest Trek Pickup locations from Mumbai:
- BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir, Dadar at 10 pm
- Maitri Park, Chembur at 10:30 pm
- Vashi Plaza, Vashi at 10:50 pm
- M.G.M Garden, Panvel at 11:20 pm
- Departure at 11 PM. from Pune/Mumbai (3-4hrs journey for base village).
- After roll count, proceed by private transportation towards the base village.
- Reach the Base Village by Early Morning. Wait for the Wee Hours (rest).
- Start the Trek by 05 am. & Reach the top by 9:30 am.
- Enjoy the view of the surrounding Padargad
- Visit Bhimashankar Temple, Gupta Bhimashankar
- Start to descend back to the base by 1 pm.
- Lunch, Start the return Journey Pune/Mumbai by 5 pm.
- We may come an hour early or late.
- Tour Concludes with Happy Memories :)