- Fireflies Trail
- Kothaligad Night Trail
- Panoramic view of Sahyadri ranges
What is included in the tour
- Private Transportation from Karjat to Karjat by 7-9 seater Eco vehicle/Tumtum
- Meals during the camp (1 Breakfast and Tea)
- Expertise & Guide
- Fun and Learning experience with safety
- Basic First-Aid kit
What is NOT included in the tour
- Cold drinks, mineral water, fast food articles, biscuits, etc.
- Anything not included in the what's included list.
Fireflies Festival and Night Trek to Kothaligad forest to Witness the natural glooming light amidst the mountain and dense forest, a perfect ambiance created by the twinkling little fireflies for their mating ritual. Pre-monsoon is the perfect time when we can experience the synchronous twinkling of hundreds of fireflies- one of the most beautiful phenomena in nature.
Trains Schedule from Mumbai:
- CSMT – Khopoli fast local timetable.
- 21:58 CSMT.
- 22:05 Byculla.
- 22:11 Dadar.
- 22:19 Kurla.
- 22:23 Ghatkopar
- 22:31 Bhandup
- 22:39 Thane.
- 22:51 Dombivali.
- 23:02 Kalyan.
- 23:13 Ambernath
- 23.53 Karjat
- Catch Khopoli fast local from CST or the nearest local station to your place
- Get down at Karjat Station.
- 00:15 Meeting at Karjat railway station.
- 00:30 Journey towards Ambivali by local 7-9 seater Tumtum/Eco.
- 01:30 Reach Ambivali village.
- 02:00 Start ascending.
- Watch fireflies on the way.
- 04:00 Reach the top and rest till the sunrise
- 07:00 Watch the sunrise and explore the fort.
- 08:00 Start descending
- 09:00 Reach base village and have breakfast.
- 10:30 Start return journey towards Karjat Railway Station
- 11:30 Reach Karjat Railway Station
Note: The itinerary is subject to change due to weather conditions, traffic, or other unforeseen circumstances. This itinerary can be customizable based on your preferences and the availability of activities for private batches. Also, it's important to follow safety guidelines and respect the environment while exploring the wilderness.
Things To Carry :
✓ Things packed in a good rucksack
✓ Complete spare set of extra clothes, raincoat, lightweight jacket & socks if required
✓ Water bottle (1-2 liters)
✓ Personal Medicines if any
✓ Wear comfortable clothes during treks (full sleeves recommended)
✓ Good trekking/sports shoes (chappals, sandals, floaters not permitted during the trek)
✓ Power Bank for mobile charging, as many places, don't have an electricity connection
✓ Torch Light for Night Treks/events
✓ Identity proof (must)
✓ Personal hygiene kit.
✓ Light Snacks - Dry fruits, chocolate, fruits biscuits.
Rules And Regulations:
Alcohol, Smoking, or any intoxicant is strictly prohibited during the trek. If found participant will be terminated on the spot
Throwing garbage on trails is strictly not allowed.
Playing loud music in the mountains/Forest is prohibited.
Trek Leader's decisions on any particular situation will be final for the mutual benefit of the participants.
✓ During the monsoon season and various rock patches on the trek route, we recommend you to please take care while walking/climbing/trekking.
✓ If the behavior of any trekker is likely to cause distress or harm to themselves, our member of staff or other team members, reserve the right to terminate their trip at any time and they will have to make their own arrangements; we will not be liable for any expenses incurred as a result. We will not entertain any claims arising due to such action.
✓ In case of any injuries/illness on a mountain/river/waterfall during a trip/activity, Adventure Club Pune as a company or our local staff will not be responsible. We provide adequate human staff support in these areas to ensure the basic safety of the trekker. The participants must bear all the expenses that may arise in case of medical necessity or emergency conditions.
✓ Wearing any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. is prohibited.
✓ You should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.