Kaas Plateau is also known as Maharashtra's Valley of Flowers. Kaas Plateau and Thoseghar Waterfall are situated on the high hills of Sahyadri in the Western Ghats. It is the best place to visit in the monsoon, from the mid of August to October. The whole plateau looks like a carpet in various shades. It's a unique place for flora researchers, nature lovers & photographers. Near about 175 various flower species were found at Kaas Plateau and one of the few found on earth only at Kaas Plateau. In June 2012, UNESCO has announced this location as a Biodiversity World Heritage Site. Recently this site is declared as a world heritage site due to the excellent biodiversity present over here. Apart from numerous varieties of wildflowers (some of which are endemic to Kaas pathar only) this biodiversity site also shelters many insects, beautiful birds, amphibians, reptiles, and some major mammalian species. Visiting this heaven on earth is always an outstanding experience.
The plateau is home to 850 species of flowering plants, of which 624 have entered the Red Data Book, a state document that lists species whose existence is threatened. As many as 39 species are found only in the Kaas region. Some of the rare species found here include Dipcadi montanum, Ceropegia Vincaefolia, Pleocaulus Ritchiei, and Drosera Burmanii. This is also the reason why the place is popular with nature lovers, flora researchers, and also photographers. Tour is ideal for People who are interested in Macro Photography and Landscape Photography and Flora and Fauna and Wildflowers.
- Macro & Lanscape Photography at Kaas Plateau
- Vajrai Waterfall & Thoseghar Waterfall Trek
- Bird photography
- Witness amazing colors of wildflower blooms and diverse Flora and Fauna
- Windmills view from Thoseghar waterfall
- Kaas Plateau Tour Pickup locations from Pune:
- Novotel Hotel, Viman Nagar at 5 am.
- Goodluck Chouk, F.C road at 5:30 am.
- Aundh at 5:45 am
- Nashik Phata at 6 am
- Kaas Plateau Tour Pickup locations from Mumbai:
- BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir, Dadar at 5 am
- Maitri Park, Chembur at 5:30 am
- Vashi Plaza, Vashi at 5:50 am
- M.G.M Garden, Panvel at 6:20 am
- Departure at 5 AM. from Pune (3 hrs journey for base).
- After roll count, proceed by private transportation towards Kaas Plateau.
- Reach the Kaas Plateau at 8:30 AM.
- Breakfast at 9:00 am
- Kaas Pathar Tour and photography
- Bird Watching and photography
- Lunch at 1 PM.
- Start Thoseghar waterfall or Vajrai Waterfall Trek by 2:30 am.
- Enjoy jungle trail, Windmill view,Waterfall pool
- Start the return Journey towards Pune/Mumbai at 6 PM.
- Reach Pune by 9:00 PM
- We may reach an hour early or late.
- Tour Concludes with Happy Memories :)
What is included in the tour
- Private Transportation from Pune to Pune and Mumbai to Mumbai
- Meals during the trek (1 Breakfast and 1 Lunch - veg only)
- Expertise & Guide Charges
- Fun and Learning experience with safety.
- Basic First-Aid kit
- Forest Entry and Taxes
What is NOT included in the tour
- Cold drinks, mineral water, fast food articles, biscuits, etc.
- Anything not included in the what's included list.